Implementing our vision
Going forward these are the intentions some of which will require additional funding:
- To develop a space at the rear of the church by removing pews to allow – an improved display about church history; improved details of the churchyard; to create a bigger space for exhibitions on church and historical village themes; and improve the quiet space with a better space for helpful books.
- To strip insulate and re-tile the nave roof
- To repair the external stonework
- To improve the disabled access and facilities for wheelchair users
- To consider installing a hearing loop system
- To consider installing a sound system to facilitate concerts
- To consider an alternative source of heating for shorter events
- Evaluating a sustainable ecological heating system to re-instate the oil fired boiler when it comes to replacing it
- To consider install a Solar PV project on the hall roof
Potential challenges and how we hope to overcome them:
• Sourcing funds from local, regional and national charities and business and possibly individual donations.’
• Identifying individuals in the community and externally who have the expertise to advice and manage the individual projects and the overall implementation of the vision through to its conclusion.
• To be clear about the priorities so that an achievable timeline can be created.